Tuesday, February 14, 2012

I teach ukulele after school to fourth and fifth graders. On Valentine's Day, I think an hour after school is too long! They all needed to take a break in the middle and go get drinks, partly because of the candy they consumed and partly because their fingers were tired from a new strum that I taught them. I think it might be considered a folk strum. The best part of the group was when individuals played the C scale that they have been practicing.

I tune the instruments before they come in, but last week I changed the strings on four of them and they have to be tuned again after about 15 minutes. Well after fifteen minutes I start to hear that they are too far out of tune to sound good they probably are stretching after five minutes. If you have any tricks for getting nylon strings to settle in, let me know.



This is a picture of me from last summer in Geißen, Germany. A two year old took the picture of me holding the guitar that I had just tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment